This stuff drives me crazy!!!
A friend of mine called me the other day and said I should listen to a very popular Christian radio program. I know believe he was trying to drive me crazy and thought it would be funny to get my reaction. He listens to this program regularly and the last couple of days they were talking about how Christians should honor God by taking good care of their bodies. They had some very specific ways they believed you should do that. He said he thought I would enjoy it. Yeah, right!
I was hanging out in my living room with family and decided to get on my computer and looked up their archived shows and listen. My son Angelo was hanging out with me at the house; as soon as he heard what they were peddling, he immediately started laughing at me. He said our friend knew what I believed and was obviously trying to see how agitated he could get me.
Well it worked, I got agitated! *&%$#&**@#$%^. The more I listened and the more I thought about it the crazier I got!
The next time I saw my friend, I accused him of baiting me; he looked all innocent and acted shocked that I would suggest such a thing. He went on to tell me that he thought I would really like it, seeing how I love hearing health advice from the Bible. Right, I’m not buying his story.
So, that radio program is one I generally appreciate, (not going to mention their name). They give out a lot of great Christian advice, some of which has had a huge beneficial impact on my family over the years. Like when they told me how I could almost eliminate my wife’s PMS, that one bit of advice has probably saved my life more than once.
What got me so agitated and crazy? Well I’ll tell ya! They were saying that we had an obligation to God to take good care of our bodies, which I agree with. Then they proceeded to give example after example of things that we shouldn’t eat. Every suggestion was opposed to God’s word and to current scientific discoveries. Click here for more infomation.
So what, in a nutshell were they advocating?
- Don’t eat red meat.
- Avoid milk, especially whole milk.
- Stay away from salt.
- Stop eating eggs.
- Use margarine instead of butter.
- Above all, never eat cheese again!
This is crazy and here is why this gets me so agitated!!! Millions of good God loving Christians are sick and dying young because they are following this kind of advice. They do not believe, or have not been taught that the instructions God has given us about food, matters. Well meaning, bible believing Christians are teaching people to abstain from food that God has ordained for them to eat. And then they tell us, the reason you should avoid these foods is to honor God.
If I told one of my kids to do something, and they said the reason they weren’t going to do it was so they could honor me. I would be more than perplexed it would make me crazy.
Fortunately God is not like me; what we do can’t make him crazy, cuz if it could, we would have made him crazy a long time ago. But, the real reason for this is simply a lack of knowledge about what God has said about food.
Hosea 4:6 says: My people parish for lack of knowledge (Biblical knowledge)
So let me show you what God says about these foods and show how super-centenarians follow God’s advice instead of the crazy experts.
These super-centenarians outlived all the experts of their time and so will you if you listen to God.
In Exodus 23:25-26 God said that if we obey all his commandments, He will… “take away sickness from among you” and “give you a full life span.”
Leviticus 11:1-3 “The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, ‘Say to the Israelites: Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud.’” (That is the definition of what we today call red meat)
At 105 Reverend Otis Clark told me he ate red meat twice a day. He was still preaching vigorously at the age of 109. click here to watch him!
- Exodus 3:7-8 says that God was going to bless his people by taking them to… a land flowing with milk and honey
- I Corinthians 9:7 “who tends the flock and does not drink of the milk?”
- Deuteronomy 32:13-14 says “He (God) nourished him with…curds and milk from herd and flock.”
- Proverbs 27:27 says, “You will have plenty of goat’s milk to feed you and your family and to nourish your servant girls.”
In 2008, Tomoji Tanabe was the oldest male alive with the necessary papers to prove it. At 113 years old, he lived on the island of Kyushu, Japan with his fifth son, who was 68 years old. Reporters wanted to know if Tamoji was tired of living, so, they asked him, “How much longer do you want to live?”, thinking that he can’t possibly have much quality of life at 113. He simply replied “I don’t want to die.” He was still getting enjoyment out of life.
Tamoji said that he drinks milk every day. Actually, he is known to “guzzle” milk.
Mbah Gotho at 147 years is probably the oldest living person on the planet. I read an article years ago, about an Indonesian man who was claiming to be over 140. Therefore, I think it was Gotho. As I remember the story, he did not make it into the Guinness Book of World Records, because he did not have the proper paper work to prove his age. His longevity was pretty believable though. He had a son who took care of him that was over 100 years old.
Mbah Gotho remembers watching a local sugar factory being built when he was about 10, that factory was built in 1880, you do the math. All that to say this, it is very likely that he is way over 100 years old and he claimes to drink close to a gallon of goats milk every day. Evidently, the milk didn’t hurt his longevity. I hope this drives the no-milk people crazy.
- In Mark 9:50 Jesus made this statement… “Salt is good.”
- Leviticus 2:13 “Add salt to all your offerings”
- Numbers 18:18-19“Their meat is to be yours, just as the breast of the wave offering and the right thigh are yours. Whatever is set aside from the holy offerings the Israelites present to the Lord I give to you and your sons and daughters as your regular share. It is an everlasting covenant of salt before the Lord for both you and your offspring.”
God gave the offerings to the priests and the tribe of Levi. They did not receive land like the other tribes so they got their food from offerings. All the offerings were salted, consequently the tribe of Levi got lots of salt in their diets. The first priests were Moses, Aaron and Levi, Moses lived to be 120, Aaron 123 and Levi made it to 137. These guys lived to be crazy old; again, salt evidently did’t shorten their lives.
- Luke 11:11 Jesus said… “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for… an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Emma Morano was the oldest “documented” person on the planet, she had the paper work to prove her age. Emma lived in three different centuries, that is, she was the last person alive, who was born in the 1800’s. She was born November 29th1899, in the Piedmont region of Italy, when King Umberto reigned. At 117 years old, Emma Morano still had a sense of humor and a keen wit and a love for eggs.
Emma eats three eggs each day, two raw and one fried egg with minced meat.
Her doctor said she must have great genetic makeup because he believes she is doing is crazy. She disagrees with her doctor and says her diet is one reason she has outlived everyone else on the planet. The other reason she gives for her longevity, is her escape from an awful marriage. An evil spouse will definitely shorten anyone’s life or make you wish it was shorter.
When Emma was a teenager, a doctor made a crazy suggestion. He told her to eat raw eggs to combat her anemia. You see Emma was like most everyone else, she was sick and headed for a short disease filled life. Someone suggested she eat eggs, something that the Bible says is very good. She has followed a stringent diet of two raw eggs, one cooked egg, a little minced meat and pasta for the past 100 years.
Emma Morano at 117 eat a lot of eggs in her life.
- Carlo Bava, Emma’s doctor, said she has perfect cholesterol and glucose levels. “She is in a great state of health and mind,”he said. “The fact that she has never had much variety in her diet is proof that she is so well-preserved thanks to genetics.” Once again a medical doctor believes that genetics are the answer to long life. God says that long life is not found in genetics. Genetics are out of your control. Long life is found in lifestyle, which we can improve by simply listening to and following God’s advice. Emma is the living proof that following God’s advice works.
- Deuteronomy 32:45b-47a“Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long”
- Sarah and Abraham, of bible fame, ate butter, red meat and drank milk. Sarah lived to be 127 and was so beautiful, that at 65, “the Egyptians saw the woman, that she was very beautiful. The princes of Pharaoh also saw her and commended her to Pharaoh.” (Gen 12:14-15) She was so vivacious that she was able to carried and give birth to a healthy child at 90 years old. After giving birth, the King of Gerar found her so attractive that he wanted her to be his wife, crazy right? Abraham was so healthy that he lived to be 175. Evidently, the butter they ate didn’t hurt them. Maybe, just maybe, it was why they were so healthy.
- 2 Samuel 17:27-29 wheat, barley, flour, parched grain, beans, lentils, parched seeds, honey, curds, sheep, and cheese of the herd, for David and for the people
- Isaiah 7:14-15 “Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive, have a son, and name him Emmanuel, By the time he learns to reject what is bad and choose what is good, he will be eating butter, curds(cheese) and honey.”
Yes you read that right, when Jesus was old enough to know what was good and what was bad he choose to eat butter, cheese and honey. If you want to live long and strong you will have to do the crazy thing and follow God’s advice. Reject man’s wisdom, even if it comes from well meaning experts.
THE ONLY WAY TO EXCEPTIONAL EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH, IS TO SPEND TIME EACH DAY LISTENING TO JESUS CHRIST AND DOING WHAT HE SAYS.
- Often people have questions or comments about Wellness Gospel articles, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.
- If you believe God knows what is best for us, join us and the Wellness Gospel team and spread the word, share this with your friends on social media and may God bless you richly.
- To keep improving your health, and enjoy this kind of biblical, scientific information, then I would like to recommend three must-read books and the link to Youngevity a wellness company founded by Dr. Joel Wallach. Simply click on the titles below for purchase information.
- “God’s Guide to Biblical Health and Healing” by Rev. Chris and Shary Schauermann
- “Let’s Play Doctor” by Dr. Joel Wallach
- “None of These Diseases” by S.I. McMillen, M.D. and David E. Stern, M. D.
- “Youngevity website by Dr. Joel wallach